Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Netflix Rush

So last year I became a fan of the TV show Veronica Mars, except that I missed a couple of shows in the middle of the season when the plot was beginning to be revealed.

So I kinda gave up on it.

Now, because I heard that they revealed the identity of the killer in the season finale I have hesitated to watch the new episodes. They are all lingering on VHS in my apartment. Right now I am rigging my Netflix queue to get all 6 discs of season 1 to me as soon as possible--it came out on Tuesday.

Luckily, I got the first disc sent to me today. If I can keep my return rate high enough that I can keep ahead of everyone else who is watching the series in order, but not high enough I suffer from Netflix "throttling", I think I can start watching the new episodes in a couple of weeks.

This raises 2 questions:
1. Wouldn't spending the money on a Tivo be a much more efficient use of my time, and
2. Is this post sufficient, by itself, to diagnose me with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. No. You need to see all of season one of VM before watching season two. Trust me on this one. But keep recording those season two episodes until you are caught up.

2. No. Most of the people who watch VM get similarly obsessed. Just wait until you see the last few eps from the first season. The obsession will get worse. But as Martha would say, it's a good thing. :)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home