Friday, January 27, 2006

Dustin Against the Techies

For reasons best not explained at this juncture, it's to my advantage if I use Matlab on three different computers (my desktop, a Citrix server, and a Sun server called "venus").

As you might imagine, the worst part is maintaining three versions of my code.

After about 8 hours of fun, involving a distinct lack of permissions to do anything, an inability for any two computers on the network to recognize each other, two versions of Windows and one of Unix, and some dumb luck, I have managed to complete the great Matlab Unification.

I later learn that there are a few faculty members who want to know how to do the same thing, but haven't bothered to figure it out yet. Hmmm...I think the real reason we have to write a thesis is because we do things like this to put it off...I've just been exploited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home