Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rain

http://www.poetry-archive.com/c/rain_music.html

This is one of my favorite poems from high school; the last stanza is one of my favorite images of all time.

I just got back from reading over my thesis--after so many revisions, I needed to restore an awareness of what was in it--and I could only find empty space on the top floor, near the auditoriums. I sat by a window and somewhere in the middle of the second chapter, it started to rain.

I quit paying attention to my thesis, for a few minutes. I haven't sat and watched and listened to the rain in far too long: another joy offered up to the demons of the laboratory.

For that matter, I need to spend more of my life dancing with a beautiful woman in the rain, drinking a glass of wine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home