Thursday, August 25, 2005

Today, I am a Grad Student

I had my first major grad student defeat today.

The short version is that GE isn't doing what we thought they were doing in their image reconstruction code. It's sorta like buying a car that you think runs on gasoline and having it not work the first time you fill it up.

Once you disassemble the engine, you learn that it is some sort of gasoline-diesel hybrid.

On the bright side, I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I knew things wouldn't be as easy as they looked :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retailers Hope Shoppers Buy Blogs as the Place to Go
The online retail industry is seeing opportunity in the blog boom. Retailers are creating blogs -- a term derived from Web logs, or online musings -- to promote brand awareness and sales, USA Today reports.
Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I didn't know you could find all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my canon digital camera related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beauti,

I will be back sometime in the near future. You guys were a great help. If you want, check out my site at

Link Tracking

Great place to find Link Tracking help.

All The Best,

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

You're blog just got spammed, mi amigo.

Sorry to hear that GE put one over on y'all. Leave it to the corporate hounds, and they'll get you every time, I reckon.

I'm very happy to here the good nes about your dad's return from Iraq. I owe you a good e-mail, Dustin; look for it sometime in the next week. (I'll take a break from studying for quals and drop you a line.)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home