Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gotterratarung

I came home this morning to a very still, very quiet rat. I think he hurt is leg and couldn't get to food all day. I could do some for him, but I'm worried.

I very much think I will have an empty apartment soon. It's going to suck. Every aftertoon for the last few years he's been there, playing at my feet, chewing up my stuff, and being my pet. I don't know how, but somehow I think he knew when I was having a bad day. I remember him curling up by my face when I was crying after Anne left me, and I remember him just sitting on my lap when dad went to Iraq. Today he spent a long time sitting on my lap, trying to get the strength to eat a raisin. He finally did. He got water too. I've rearranged his cage, so that he can get to everything. Maybe he'll recover.

But I think that Spartacus will be in a better place soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, man.

Spartacus is a pretty cool little guy, as I know from personal experience (rat-sitting for a week while you went to conference). He's been a good pet and a great friend to you, so I hope that his passing, if it's meant to be soon, is a peaceful one.

Be sure to send him some affection on my behalf, and be on the lookout for an e-mail in the next few days.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home